Saturday 30 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #41 - Running for Peace

Morndas, 10th of Sun's Dusk 4E201


I had to set up camp outside High Hrothgar to recuperate after the exhausting fight yesterday. Paarthurnax's words still echoed in my head the next morning. "...Trap a dragon at Dragonreach and find out where Alduin resides...". It seemed a far fetched plan, but I didn't had any alternative suggestions. So I went the long way down, back to Whiterun.
Jarl Balgruuf accepted to trap a dragon in his castle.
The day after, at Whiterun, I proposed the plan to Jarl Balgruuf. He was surprised, but willing to try, as long as I could guarantee that his town would not get attacked by either force, Stormcloak or Imperial. He proposed to organize a cease fire meeting at High Hrothgar.
Passing by at Riverwood, ever peaceful and calm
So, I went back around the Troat of the World, and up the 7000 steps, to talk to the Greybeards. I arrived next day. Arngeir went in defense, and said that "he was no adventurer to capture dragons, nor a politicien to talk with quibbling warlords". But after some persuasion, he agreed. I only had to convince Ulfric and General Tallius to attend to the meeting.
The Greybeards are willing to hold the peace meeting at High Hrothgar
And thus, I ran down the mountain again, and headed to Windhelm to see if I could convince Ulfric Stormcloak. The road was easy, and I was there at evening. I met Ulfric, but I was surprised to see him gagged....(?) Anyway, after some convincing he agree to come to the peace talks.
Ulfric Stormcloak: why did he use this tissue?
After a night at Candlehearth Hall, I decided to take the northern road to Solitude. I would regret it. A large pack of white wolves had murdered out Agna's Mill. It took some effort to kill all wolves. The village is empty now. We overnighted at Dawnstar's Windpeak Inn.
Suffering from the cold at Dawnstar
Next two days were hell. A little outside Dawnstar we were attacked by heavily armed looters. I got very badly hurt, they almost killed us if it wasn't for Sofia. I used some bandages to stop the bleeding. A little further, between Stonehills and Morthal we were attacked by a frost dragon.This one was tough! It took lots of effort to get the overhand. We stayed at Morthal to recuperate.
A short but needed intermezzo at Morthal
The following day was even worse. Two (2!) Elder dragons attacked us near Dragonbridge. I think I died twice there, at least it felt that way. I got burned all over. I passed out from injuries a couple of times. Again it was Sofia who got me on my feet again. We survived, but I don't know if I can hold off these dragons much longer. I feel weak, I feel empty...

At Solitude I talked to General Tullius. He did not give a damn for Skyrim and their poeple. Only when Rikkie came in between, he gave in and agreed to go to High Hrothgar.
General Tullius did not see the point of peace talks.
I went to the Winking Skeever, to rest, and get healed after this episode of horror...

Yeol the Clumsy @  day 85, level 31

No comments:

Post a Comment