Friday 8 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #34 - Master Paarthurnax the Wise

Tirdas, 21st of Frostfall 4E201

Esben read from Alduin's Wall that a shout defeated Alduin, but I had to talk with the Greybeards to see if they knew more. So I went back, the long way home, from Old Hroldan to Whiterun; to my sweet, sweet Breezehome. I rested a day, arranging things, buying new supplies, reading a book or two...
Leaving Old Hroldan ruins, heading for Whiterun
Next day I headed for Helgen, but halted a few hours at Riverwood to say hello to friends (no, not Delphine). The night at Helgen's Arms Inn was short but pleasant.
Passing by at peacefull Riverwood
At early morning I went for Ivarstead. The road over the snowy pass was easy, and early afternoon we (indeed, with Sofia) arrived at the small town. People at the inn were talking about ghosts from the barrow. I went to inspect, and found the cause... The inn keeper was very glad to see this ghost thing had being dealt with. It was bad for business.
The imposter... a real ghost?
Next morning I started the climb the 7000 steps. After having dealt easily with two frost trolls, we arrived at High Hrothgar. The Greybeards were reluctant to aid me, but finally they told me to visit their master: Paarthurnax.
The Greybeards were reluctant to my intentions to kill Alduin
I went to the summit of the Throat of the World, and there he was, an ancient dragon, master of the Greybeards, Paarthurnax. We talked for hours, he taught me many things, and he told me what to look for to defeat Alduin. Paarthurnax impressed me deeply. He had a timeless wisdom, I felt like infinite small...
The meeting with Paarthurnax
Paarthurnax taught me many things

Yeol the Clumsy @ day 65, level 25

No comments:

Post a Comment