Saturday 23 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #37 - Into the Depths of Alftand


Tirdas, 28th of Frostfall 4E201

The Elder Scrolls are located somewhere inside the Dwemer ruins of Alftand. So, I decided to go from Winterhold to Heljarchen, from where a path is leading to the ancient site. I left early, the weather was bad. Heavy snow slowed our journey.
I won a battle... and a dragon soul.

And it was precisely then that a frost dragon attacked: a named dragon which I forgot his name. It was cold, and it was important to deal fast with the beast, before I would freeze to death. It was a tense fight were I used my newly learned flame shout as much as possible. The dragon burned to dead before I froze...
Arriving at night at Heljarchen

I overnighted at Nightgate Inn, and left next day for Alftand. The exterior betrayed a failed expedition with dead corpses. I entered the ruin. Soon I stuggled with ancient Dwemer mechanoids and looting bandits.
Fighting our way down, deeper and deeper into the ruins

I fought my way down, deeper and deeper into the ruins. Falmer were a real challenge. I almost died there, but luckily I had found here enough health potions to save me from utter failure. After many hours (I lost count if it was day or night) we arrived at the main chamber. I heard heavy battle noises, but when I came close all was silent again. On the floor I found many dead Falmer and a motionless Centurion. I escaped a very tough fight.
Point of no return: to jump or not to jump.

When I approached a weird Dwemer puzzle, two adventurers were fighting. I heard them argue about who would be the first to discover Blackreach or something... It seems now I will.
...when I arrived, all was quiet again.
A mysterious Dwemer puzzle lock.

But I was too tired to continue. I decided to go back to Heljarchen, and take a deep rest before adventuring beyond...
Arriving at Heljarchen tired... but alive!

Yeol the Clumsy @ day 72, level 28

No comments:

Post a Comment