Sunday 10 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #36 - Roaming the Northern Ice Sea

Sundas, 26th of Frostfall 4E201

I left the College with only a vague description to find "a scolar", "somewhere north", who might know something about Elder Scrolls. So first thing I did that same day, was to explore the coastline at Winterhold. A blizzard made the prospection not easier.

Camping at Winterhold's shore to prospect the coastline
 When I came back to Winterhold late afternoon, a frost dragon attacked the ancient city. After a few hours of battle, the wounded dragon landed. I rushed in, and did what I never did before. I jumped upon the beast, and planted my sword deep into it's skull. The dragon fell flat dead.
I, the dragonslayer...
I was tired, but I had to prepare for a journey of multiple days to explore the northern ice sea area. I needed enough firewood, water, food and warm clothes to survive at least a couple of days and nights in the frosty open. We left the next day...
Searching the coast for a location to pass north, into the sea of ice
The day was clear, and we progressed quiet smoothly. Jumping over floes, exploring the area. Later that day we discovered a large ruin, much like Bleak Falls Barrow (later I was told it was Estar Outpost). Looters were heavily armed. The men outside attacked us without mercy. We had to deal with them, which took quite some effort. We went inside, but the guys there were too overpowered for us. We ran outside and fled the place.
Roaming the islands, hopping over ice floes....
Estar Outpost
Not knowing if this ruin really was the location we were looking for, we went roaming again. Maybe, or better hopefully, it's another place. Dusk came, we set up camp, and could admire a wonderful play of night sky lighting.
Camping on an isle in the northern ice sea.
Next day we continued our search. Jumping from floe to floe, between the horkers, looking for... something. And then, after hours of searching, we found a tiny doorway into the ice, with a small boat waiting outside. We entered, and there he was: Septimus Signus in front of a gigantic mechanic lock of some sort. He seemed a little disconnected from this world, but gave us all information about where to locate an Elder Scroll. He asked me to fetch it for him, so he could get his information from it. I agreed of course...
I'm telling Sofia what mister Septimus told, and what our next mission is.

Yeol the Clumsy @ day 70, level 26

No comments:

Post a Comment