Saturday 9 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #35 - Steaming Baths and Freezing Paths

Fredas, 24th of Frostfall 4E201


Paarthunax send me on a quest to find an Elder Scroll, although he did not knew were to look. We camped for the night in front of High Hrothgar, and descended the following day. After a hot lunch at Vilemyr Inn, we went further down to Darkwater Crossing, silently hoping to enjoy a hot spring bath together.
Camped for the night in front of High Hrothgar

I managed to kill the frost dragon at Darkwater Crossing
But once we arrived at Darkwater Crossing, a frost dragon put my plans on ice. I needed hours to finally take the upper hand in combat. At evening fall the dragon was beaten. A relaxing bath in the hot springs was more than welcome. We both were quite uneasy with this new situation. Friendship stood between us, and held us from diving into an uncertain adventure.

We slept (separate) at the camp site. Next day we went to Whiterun. Voltheim Tower proved again to be a real challenge to be cleared from the occupying outlaws.

We did not stay long at Whiterun, enough to get organized for a trip to the far north: Winterhold.

Up to Nightgate Inn all went well, but not much further I saw a dragon circling in the sky. It was bitter cold. This was a fight I never could win. I would freeze to death in the time of battle. So I sneaked into a side valley, and kept out of sight of the dragon. I'll get back another day.
Dragon sighted, but the freezing cold makes fighting a suicide.

At Winterhold College, I talked to the Orc librarian. As expected he did not have an Elder Scroll. He only knew someone who has studied the subject. Unfortunately this person left Winterhold many years ago, inspecting a Dwemer ruin far north, somewhere in the sea of ice.
Nearing Winterhold
Speaking with the librarian at the College.

I have no clue where to go now. "North" and "Somewhere in the ice sea" is very vague. I'll probably need to stay here in Winterhold for quite some time...

Yeol the Clumsy @ day 68, level 26

No comments:

Post a Comment