Friday 1 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #31 - Blood Dragon and Nettlebane

Sundas, 12th of Frostfall 4E201

With my clumsy, but at the end successful mission at the Thalmor Embassy, I managed to obtain 3 interesting Thalmor dossiers concerning Delphine, Esben and Ulfric. Judging the content, it's clear that the Thalmor are playing power games upon the highest echelon, and are actively manipulating all and everybody to gain control over Skyrim, and having the civil war ongoing. Also clear is that they have no idea why the dragons have returned at this date, but judged the Helgen incident as fortunate for them.
A day at home, reading...
Delphine suggested me to find Esben in Riften before the Thalmor do. She, herself, had to keep very low profile for a period. Esben might be the key person in obtaining information about the rise of the dragons, and so my role as the Last Dragonborn in that matter.

I collected my gear in Riverwood and went to Whiterun. When I saw the dead Eldergreen tree, I remembered a priestess mentioning that a "Nettlebane" would be necessary to tap sap from the legendary Eldergleam. People of Whiterun would draw hope from a reborn Eldergreen tree. I needed to pay a visit to a Hagraven, and ask politely if I could borrow the Nettle-thingy.
The dead Eldergreen tree at Whiterun
I picked up Sofia, who was very glad to see me, and prepared for the next mission: Riften, with first stop at Helgen. Early morning we headed to the Hagraven camp. Reception was a bit below expectation. The witch, with some acolytes, attacked us on sight. Before I realized what was happening, Sofia had rushed up the rock, and engaged the Hagraven with vigor. The old witch did not had a chance.
At Orphan rock, looking for the dead hagraven...

Finally found the dead witch, behind her tent.
We took the Nettlebane, warmed ourselves up at a fire (it was cold and snowing), and continued our journey. We passed Ivarstead early afternoon, thinking that we had enough time to reach Riften before midnight. But a Blood Dragon decided differently.

We were alone against de beast, but this time Sofia crumbled behind a rock from utter fear. I fought the beast alone. It took me hours of archery work to get the dragon wounded enough to stay at the ground. Then a bear attacked me from behind. It became a real struggle with both the bear and the dragon, but finally both beasts were death.
Bear and Blood Dragon are beaten

I rested for a while. Evening began to light the sky purple. In stead of heading to Riften, I decided to return to Ivarstead, and stay the night at Vilemyr Inn. Journeys which seem easy at start, often are not...

Yeol the Clumsy @ day 56, level 23

No comments:

Post a Comment