Wednesday 27 January 2016

Yeol Clumsy #40 - Epic Fight with Alduin!

Tirdas, 4th of Sun's Dusk 4E201

Arriving at High Hrodgar, the Greybeards could not care less about me having the Elder Scrolls. They kept on praying and meditating, probably about the end of the world and the day of doom. I left them, and went to the Throat of the World, to talk with Paarthunax. Maybe he has a suggestion.




The Greybeards could not care less about the Elder Scrolls.
Paarthurnax sensing the Elder Scrolls
When I arrived, Paarthurnax immediately sensed the Elder Scrolls. He was impressed, and advised me to use it near the time rift. So I did...

When I started to read the Elder Scrolls, I was pulled into the rift, into the past at exactly the moment the time rift was created. The very same moment Alduin was defeated the first time. I saw it happen. I heard the shout that they used upon Alduin. I learned Dragonrend.
I saw the past, I learned the shout: Dragonrend
I returned to the present, and thought it was all done here, when suddenly Alduin himself appeared, as if called upon. He sensed my use of the Elder Scrolls, and came to get rid of me once and for all.

An epic battle began. I never have fought a dragon like Alduin. I used Dragonrend to force Alduin to land, so he became vulnerable. Paarthurnax helped me, but his effort of damaging Alduin were in vain. Only I was able to deal damage to Alduin. I shot many hundreds of arrows. We fought the entire night. I survived barely many meteor storms, flame breaths and other lethal shouts thrown at me. But finally Alduin had to give in. He admitted defeat, and flew away...
Paarthurnax can't damage Alduin

Alduin nearing his defeat
As by miracle Sofia and Lydia survived. They kept hidden behind rocks during most of the battle. They were impressed. Paarthurnax called me to him, and explained something about chasing Alduin now he's weak. To find out where he went, and if possible to capture him. It all seemed very far away. I barely listened, tired and exhausted. I stumbled down the path, heading back to High Hrodgar, hoping to find shelter and some sleep, realizing it is not all over yet...
After the epic battle: exhausted but alive

Yeol the Clumsy @ day 79, level 29

No comments:

Post a Comment