Sunday 25 March 2018

Yeolynn the Archivist part 10 - Faendal for the Gildergreen

Skyrim, Turdas the 4th of Heartfire, 4E201

The Gildergreen is the big dead tree in Whiterun. When I spoke with the priestess of Kynareth, Danica Pure-Spring, she told me that the tree can be revived, but the tool needed is in possession of a hagraven near Helgen.
The Gildergreen at Whiterun
I thought is might be an interesting project for the Museum, and that our botanist, the bosmer Faendal might help me with it. So we went together to investigate.

When we arrived with the hagraven camp in sight, Faendal immediatly stormed head on the four witches and the hagraven. Intimidated, they reacted hostile, and Faendal received the entire magic load of destructive spells upon him. He fell... he died...
Faendal fell
I could not other then go into a stealthy approach, hidden between the trees, and behind the rocks. I picked them off one by one with my bow. Faendal was foolish, but his dead will not be in vain, the Gildergreen will blossem again. Finally the hagraven fell by my stealthy arrows. I found the tool to revive the tree.
The hagraven is no more
I buried Faendal, and went to his house to place all his belongings, but then I realized... he had no relatives, no family. His house is empty, nobody is there to care, nobody to mourn.
I buried Faendal

Faendal's home... empty
Yeolynn the Archivist@ day 15, level 9

No comments:

Post a Comment